Monday, May 2, 2011

T-minus 13 days and counting...

Welcome friends and family to the blog of the Vidrare Immerse team. We are extremely blessed to be embarking on this journey in a few weeks, and we want to thank you in advance for your support, whether that has been financial, emotional, or spiritual. We now more than ever ask for you to pray with us for the summer ahead.

It has been a leap of faith from the beginning; three months overseas in a city we know very little about with a team of four including people we had yet to meet. But now that the dust has settled - our team has been formed and we know the city in which we will spend the summer - the anxiety has not diminished. Communication across the world does not come easy, and we are still scrambling to gather all of the necessary information (packing suggestions, trip itinerary, money, etc).  

Everything is a swirl of thoughts and emotions: excitement, anxiety, worry, contemplation, adventure, relfection, preparation, and hope for what is to come. We do not head into Vidrare expecting to bring the Gospel with us and to accomplish a long list of goals, but to meet the people right where they are in the journey of life and join along with them while living within the reign of God. The Kingdom is not confined solely to our home churches, and we expect to enter into a fresh, dynamic, authentic chapter of God's story this summer in Bulgaria.

For me personally, I have been out of the country several times but never for such an extended period of time, and I cannot wait to settle in to Vidrare knowing that I will not be packing my bags in a week or two, but that I have all summer to make friends and share life with them. I know the stories and faces of those I meet will be on my heart for a lifetime, and I hope and pray that I faithfully exemplify Christ's love in all things. If you are wondering how you can pray for me this summer, there ya go.

Lex Orandi Lex Credendi,
Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment